Sunday, March 11, 2007

Bye Dad, Good Morning Mom

Hi everydog. I'm feeling a little blue this morning. My dad left this morning for a week-long trip away. He gave me a hug goodbye at a bit after 5:00 am, but since I'm not a morning dog I went back to sleep when he left. At around 7:45 I realized that he wasn't coming back in to take me for my morning backyard visit. Where was my dad? I tried to wake up mom. I went over to the bed and pushed my nose into her. She just said, "Hi Avery," told me she was sleepy and rolled over. That just wouldn't do, so I walked around to the other side of the bed and started to climb up. I'm not allowed on Mom and Dad's bed. It is reserved just for them and my feline sisters (those cats get special treatment). I know I'm not allowed up, and I never even try. Well, okay, there was that one time that Dad woke up in the middle of the night with me snoozing right next to him. They made me get down then too. Hmpfh.

Anyway, after my mattress climbing attempt, Mom got up to take me outside. I went out and walked around the patio for a couple of minutes and then laid down on the concrete. Apparently Mom was not too pleased at being awakened for this, because she made me go back inside and she got back in the bed. She was just not getting it! I was sad and wanted some comfort! I didn't waste any time nudging her with my nose this time. I just jumped right up on the bed and laid down. Mom laughed at me and (shhh, don't tell Dad), decided I could stay. I was pretty restless though and kept getting up and changing positions. I eventually ended up with my head resting on top of Mom's head, my paws on her pillow, and my shoulder smooshed into her face. I thought it was comfy, so I'm not sure why she didn't. I guess she figured sleeping in was a fruitless pursuit, because she got up. I wasn't ready to get off the bed though and kept giving her the sad doggie eyes and putting my head between my paws (you pups know the look). Alas, it didn't work, and she made me get down. It's unfortunate that my snuggling attempts didn't work out as planned, but at least I got Mom up and giving me attention.

I'll keep you posted on any other attempts to sneak into bed with Mom this week. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to give it another try.

(No pictures this week. Dad took the camera with him on his trip.)

9 comments:

Cash said...

Awwwww, I am sorry you are missing your Dad. Too bad he took the camera....shoooot, no pics!
Jasper

Duke said...

Hey Avery,
I think that's cool that you wore your mom down and got to climb into bed with her. I say go for it again! Keep us updated, okay?

Love ya lots,
Maggie

MaPaw said...

Maybe by the end of the week you can have that "no Avery on the bed" rule changed.
-Magnum

Charlie said...

Moms are suckers for that "sweetly bad" routine. Work it!!
- Charlie

The Brat Pack said...

Hi Avery!

Definitely try the bed thing every single time you get a shot!! If the cats get to be there so should you!! Equal rights!

The Brat Pack

Hana said...

Avery! This is my first time visiting your bloggy! I think you need to study my look a wee bit more. I have Mastered the Look. I bet yours was really good though... maybe it would have worked on your dad better. Keep at it! And by the time your dad gets back, you will have control over his side of the bed.

Anonymous said...

Hey Avery! Nice to meet you! *sniffs your butt* Sorry to hear about your hooman going away - I hate it when less than all my hoomans (that's two) are home. It's just the best when they are here.

Love and Licks,
Texas (and his humans).

Liza said...

Avery -

I know how you feel - the only time I get on my parent's bed is when Dad is away. Mom loves to snuggle - but to quote my dad "Dory has a who chair and three dog beds" so I guess I shouldn't complain.

It's almost the weekend - we hope you dad is home soon:)

Dory

Liberty Doo Dah said...

Avery!
Take my advise - you must stay persistant! Get on that bed & nap when your hoomans are in the other room (they'll think it's cute), then slowly but gradually make your way to the bed in the early mornings. Trust me! You'll be sleepin' on that matress in no time!
AireSNUGGLES!
Liberty