On Sunday Mom and Dad took me to the Dog Bowl. The Cotton Bowl field in Dallas was turned into one giant dog park for the afternoon. There were dogs everywhere! From big, huge dogs like mastiffs and Great Danes (I didn't see any Nanooks or Pookas though) to little, teeny toy dogs. It was sooo much fun. There wasn't as much stuff there as I'd expected (in terms of vendors, food, etc.), and I really think they should have had some gates and fences in place. The whole thing was just wide open with no gate to keep dogs inside the field. When we first got there a dog went flying through the crowd right out through to the entrance. Luckily people were able to herd him back in. Mom and Dad made sure to keep me away from the area where the entrance was when I was off leash.
Here's a picture of everything when we first walked in. See all the dogs and people?
Here's a picture of everything when we first walked in. See all the dogs and people?

Mom and I played a game of "musical mutts." It was fun, although I think Mom was more into it than I was. After that I got to run free! I alternated between running like a crazy man and strolling at a leisurely pace.

Here I am taking a break in one of the many doggie pools they had around. I think they were really meant for drinking from, but I have a thing with water. I just have to lay down in it. There must have been at least five kiddie pools there, and every one I came across I got right in and made myself comfy.

In between dips in the pool, I went around to visit with people and other dogs. Here I am saying hello to a cute little basset hound.
(Hey, do you know Sam?)

We went to Petsmart after our trip to the Dog Bowl. Mom and Dad were looking for something for the cats (as if they need anything else), but I got a new toy! I named him Rocky.

Mmmm, lobster. Oddly enough, it turns out lobsters are squeaky. Who knew?

This was the best weekend ever!





12 comments:
Wow Avery, we wish we lived with you. Mom didn't take us to the Cotton Bowl. :(
It looks like you had a great time!!
Bear from The Brat Pack
What a great weekend, Avery! You look really happy in that pool -- I'm gonna ask mom to get mine out this week, too.
- Charlie
Whoa, Averys! That looks like sooo much funs! Tearin' all overs the place. My favorites team has played feetball there. A long times ago.
And Rockys looks reeeallys cooools! You're sooo luckys! So you had some Surf and Turf?
Wuufs!
Ƨ
I love that picture of you lounging in the pool! Too funny!
Love ya lots,
Maggie
What a cool idea! Looks like you had a blast.
And what a great toy...appropriately named. We'd would have ripped his little legs off in .03 seconds.
Sherman, Penny & Lola
Oh wow, such a open big event on a grassy land! You must had a fun time! Cute lobster!
Hi Avery! Glad you had such a great weekend. You sure do look happy in that puddle the Girl Scouts created. And tell your mom and dad that Aunt Melissa said you're supposed to go lying around in pools and puddles - it's in your nature!
(By the way, I decided if Mike gets to be your uncle then I get to be your aunt. I have cat-sat for your sisters before, after all.)
Wow! Your weekend was great!! Iwould do the same thing with the pools. I LOVE water.
Kaos
You should meet my cousin Chance!
Oh wow! What a huge stadium for you all doggies to play in! So fun! I wish I was there but... Isn't that pool a bit too small for you? LOL!
Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer
hey Avery!!
Where did you get that LOBSTER!!!
I am very jealous - the only lobsters I get to see pinch at me when my Dad takes them out of the ocean!!
This toy would look lovely with my lobster collar!!
Please advise!
Dory
Dory-
I found the lobster at Petsmart with their seasonal toys. He was only $6! Hope you can find one too. I love mine. He's got a squeaker in both claws and one in his body...and he's all floppy. Super fun.
Wags,
Avery
Post a Comment