Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Adventures of Lewis & Clark

It's been exciting times around here since my birthday post. I know some of you are wondering whether or not I received my mystery package. I did, but it'll have to wait till my next post. I can tell you that I really like it though!

So, what's all the excitement? Well...last week Mom and Dad and I were out taking a walk around our neighborhood and guess what we found?.............................KITTENS!

Some dumb human either dumped them or was just a heartless jerk who didn't do anything to take care of them. None of the neighbors knew where they came from, so Mom immediately scooped them up and brought them home to care for them until she can find them a home of their own. They are in our guest bedroom right now, which I'll have you know, is MY room when Mom and Dad go out. I now get to stay in their room when they're gone. Anyway, Mom decided to name the little guys Lewis and Clark since they seemed like little explorers out there in the world on their own. Also, she thought it was cute.

Wanna see some pictures of them?

Here's Lewis:



And this is Clark:



They are tiiiiiny! Mom took them to the vet the morning after she found them, and the vet said they are probably around 10 weeks old. They are both very healthy little boys, thank goodness, despite being totally covered in fleas and having roundworms. Those nasty parasites are all taken care of now. This picture kind of shows you how little they are. Mom's hand looks huge!

"I shall eat your hand!"


Mom has been trying to get a good picture of them together, but the little squirts haven't cooperated. This one's kind of cute though. Mom calls it "Kitty Yin Yang." They are chasing each other's tails in this picture.



They are super active babies and love to chase each other around and wrestle. They're also very affectionate. Mom walks into the room and they start up their little motors and purr up a storm. Can you tell she's getting attached? But, she says she can't get too attached because we can't really keep them. Mom says that having 5 cats and a dog would just be too much, although if reality weren't a factor they'd stay for sure. So, she's looking for a good home for them. If anybody knows anyone in the DFW area who'd like to adopt these guys, let us know! Mom's decided that they need to be adopted together, because they are such little buddies and do everything together. They play together, they snuggle up and sleep together, when one goes to the water bowl the other goes too, and I'm not even kidding, Mom's even seen them use the litter box together! She's trying to find a rescue group that will foster them or at least help with the adoption, but not surprisingly, they are all overburdened and can't help. One guy told Mom this is the worst year they've had in over 10 years in terms of the number of kittens needing homes. If only people would spay and neuter their pets!!!

I leave you with an adorable picture of me getting a look at the boys through a baby gate. They are still quarantined until Mom and the vet are sure they aren't carrying some kind of respiratory illness that could transfer to my sisters, but Mom let me take a peek at them just once.


17 comments:

Lady Kaos said...

Aww, how cute! Too bad they grow up to be cats! Mom wants a cat that will purr and snuggle with her. Instead we're stuck with my cat-brother Gunnar. Even though Mom wants a snuggle kitty, she won't get rid of Gunnar. I don't get it. If I can talk Mom into getting rid of Gunnar for 2 snuggle kitties, I'll let you know. Don't count on it though. For some reason she likes him.
Kaos

Duke said...

They are cute considering that they're kittens and not puppies! Have you played with them yet Avery?

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Amber-Mae said...

Awww, they are such cute furballs. But I bet they are fun to chase after! Heeheehee... Why did your hooman put a get between you guys? That's not fair...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Deanna said...

Your mom is so good to take care of the kitties!

Par said...

I am glad that your mommy took them in. Their adorable kittens and deserve a chance to be in a loving home!

The Brat Pack said...

Oh, Avery! I wish we could adopt them!! Your Mom is such a good person to take them in. :)

Dot-Spot

Ben & Darling said...

Hey Avery, you can send Clark to Pacco, her owner looking for a all black kitty.

Liza said...

Avery -

What cute kitties. Excellent names too. I'm sure you are taking great care of them.

Also a very belated Happy Barkday - my mom has been very busy so we haven't been reading as much as I would like to!!

Have a great day!

Dory

Anonymous said...

your mom is an angel!
lewis has really nice prints, while clark has this 'sexy' factor cos of the black :)

with them coming into close contact with dogs at this age is a nice thing - am sure you guys gonna be your good frens in no time!

Charlie said...

Those are cute little guys! Maybe if you agree to take care of them, your mom will let you keep them? 5 cats & a dog sounds just right, don't you think?

Liza said...

Avery!!

A belated Happy Barkday to you!! It is so nice of you and your mom to help out these kitties!!

Have a good week - Dory

Duke said...

Where are you, Avery? We miss you! Please come back!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Anonymous said...

Hi Avery, nice to meet you! :o)

These kittens are very cute! I like cats very much!

The Brat Pack said...

Where are youooooooo?

Duke said...

Hey Avery,

It's only days before Christmas! We need to know what you've been doing! Just a teeny tiny post - okay?

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Amber-Mae said...

Merry X'mas to you Avery, the kittens & family! Have a great year ahead of you guys. We miss you lots!!!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Deanna said...

What happened with Lewis and Clark? And what was in the package?