Thursday, January 17, 2008

Avery Update

Hey there everydog. I haven't posted in about a million years, so I'm sure you all thought I dropped off the face of the Earth. I'm still here, and I'm doing great. Mom feels bad about not helping me blog, but she's been super busy and didn't have the energy to type for me. I have so much news to share!

Where should I start?

Lewis and Clark the kittens stayed with us for a few weeks while Mom looked for a good home for them. Luckily, Mom's very good friend and her husband decided to adopt them. Mom and Dad were so relieved, because they'd really fallen in love with the little guys and were sad about the idea of giving them to someone they didn't know! So now they can visit them and see how they're doing. They've been renamed Batman and Robin by their new parents and they are doing great. It was a very happy ending for everyone.


A few of you have asked what was in the package that was on it's way to me so many months ago. It was a brand new bed for me! It came from Mammoth beds, which Mom says is really affordable compared to other big dog beds. It's got memory foam in it, so it's really comfy and cushy on my joints. Here are some pictures of me with my new bed:

What's in the box?


Mom decided to test it out with me. Comfy!



And now for my biggest news....
I'm going to be a big brother!!!! Mom and Dad are having a puppy, er, baby! This is partly why mom has been so busy and so tired. She told me she's about 21 weeks along and that means we're halfway through the wait for my new brother/sister (they aren't finding out whether it's a boy or girl). He/she is due to arrive around May 31st. Mom's been doing really well. She's had a very easy pregnancy (no morning sickness, whatever that is), but she did go through several weeks of feeling totally exhausted all the time. I tried to take good care of her though. The only thing that I haven't liked so much is that she doesn't rough house with me as much. She used to spend a lot of time with me on the floor playing, letting me sit on her, and snuggling with me. Now she's more protective of her belly, so she doesn't always let me sit on her. I forget how big I am and sometimes I plop down hard! That's their one and only concern about me when the baby comes. I forget what a big guy I am. But, since I'm such a totally awesome dog, they really aren't worried about how I'll do with the baby. They know they'll just have to watch us when we're together to make sure we're both okay.


Want to see some pictures of my soon-to-be best buddy? These are from Mom's sonogram on Jan. 2 (at 19 weeks).






I've missed you guys! I probably won't be able to post much, if at all, in the next few months. And of course after my new brother/sister is born Mom will be too busy to update my blog at all. Hopefully we can at least keep up with some of our doggie friends from time to time.

21 comments:

Duke said...

Congratulations, Avery! We're thrilled for you and your family - a new brother or sister! How exciting! And we're happy for Batman and Robin too! All good news coming from you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Amber-Mae said...

Avery, we missed you so so so very much! We thought you bandoned us. I'm glad you & your famnily are okay. Taht's one huge comfy bed you got there! Oh WOW!!! A new hooman pup coming soon? I'm sooo thrilled for you & your family Avery! Congrats to your mommy! I can't wait to see the little fella once he's born. I wonder if it will be a she or a he. It will be very exciting to know...What god news that Lewis & Clark have been adopted out already. I'm happee for them! Atleast they have a new loving home & owners. Do keep in touch with us okay? Hugs to you & your family!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

The Brat Pack said...

Congratulations to your whole family!!! We've missed you so much and glad you checked in. Let us know if your Mom starts a baby blog! ;)

The Brat Pack

Kien said...

Oh Avery.. what a good news!!.. guess what?.. am having the same situation as u are now.. i am going to be a brother soon.. my mom will be due on 4 June.. which only few days different from ur mom..

she doesn't has any morning sickness or whatsoever.. but she always claiming tired!!.. that's why.. she's been lacking in helping me blog..

anyway, u take care.. and take care of ur mom too...

Cheers
Rossi

Par said...

Congrat!
A new bed and a baby!!
Wooo hoo!

Deanna said...

Congratulations! We'll miss you!

Ben & Darling said...

Congrat congrat!!! another hooman pup in DWB !!!

Anonymous said...

glad to see you back!
hope you had a great start to 2008.

and yes, CONGRATULATIONS - tat's definitely great news! do take good care, and we'll come back more often for updates :)

Charlie said...

You'll be a great big brother, Avery!
- Charlie

rightmywrong said...

Congratulations on the new addition!

Amber-Mae said...

Just wanted to let you know that I've changed my blog URL becoz some crackpot has been visiting my blog & leaving mean comments & we know who it is. Just click on my name & it will direct you there.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Just checking in to say "ha woo!"

Duke said...

How's your mom doing, Avery? We haven't heard from you in ages!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Wuffstuff said...

NIce one.

Hi from www.wuffstuff.com, the social network for dog owners and dog lovers.



We're looking for members with quality dogs and 'tails' to add stuff to our site.



Hope you have time to have a look at us.


Cheers


Steve

www.wuffstuff.com

Eduardo said...

Hi My name is Eduardo, I'm a snuggle puggle I added you to my page, I hope you don't mind please visit my blog!
Hugs & Snugs,
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Unknown said...

What exciting news on the h-baby! Congrats! We LOVE that comfy looking new bed. We are going to bookmark that link for our next purchase!

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

congrats Avery. just found your blog - do you mind if I link mine to yours?

Dogman2 said...

Congrats on the new baby, I just came across your blog and I must say that Avery is one ham chop of a dog...LOL

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I started to get real money.
It's all about how to select a proper partner who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the income with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

That's one lucky kid, coming into a family with a guaranteed devoted champion and guardian.
- - - - - - -
Jack@PDB
dog beds and more

viagrajakarta said...

thank you for sharing
viagra jakarta
viagra asli jakarta
viagra usa
viagra asli
jual viagra jakarta