I had another adventure last weekend. No kayaking this time. We went to my great-grandma's farm in East Texas. It's the very first time I've gone. It was sooooo much fun! My great-grandparents used to have a couple of herds of Angus cattle, but now she just rents out the pastures.


Can you see the look of bliss on my face? Here is a close-up version so you can really appreciate my joy.




I'm sure you can guess what happened to me later that day. Here's a hint. It involved water, but it wasn't in a creek or a puddle.


Notice the sadness in my eyes. *Sigh*


Look at all that open space! I couldn't wait to get out there.

Mom and Dad don't know how much exposure I had to farm life in my previous home (and I'm not telling), so they weren't sure how I'd react to seeing cows and having all that open land to run on. But, they knew I'd be mellow about it, because I really am a very easy going kind of guy. The first time I went out into the pasture I was on my long leash. We did see some cows that time, but silly Mom forgot to bring the camera with her!. Geez. Humans. I took a looksee at the cows but overall wasn't terribly impressed...just kept on walking.
The other times we went out in the pasture the cows were in the back part of the acreage, so we didn't see them. Mom and Dad let me go off leash. I have never had so much fun in my life!! My first time I went out with Mom and my grandma. As soon as Mom unclipped my leash I took off. I was FRREEEEEE!!!! I did my best impression of a Greyhound and ran at full speed. Then I did my impression of a galloping horse as I zoomed past Mom and Grandma (Mom said that's what I sounded like when I sped past). It was sheer doggie heaven. Here are some pictures of me in action.
I am heading straight for Mom in this one. Look out, here I come!

Can you see the look of bliss on my face? Here is a close-up version so you can really appreciate my joy.
Can you see me way out there?

Let's go this way!

Taking a little pause to decide where to run next.

You know what else I did? You city dogs are going to be so jealous. I rolled in cow patties!!!! It was awesome. Mom didn't take any pictures of that. I don't know why you wouldn't want to capture that.
We walked back to where there is a little creek on our first off leash walk, but Mom didn't have her camera for that so no pics (bad Mom). I walked right into the middle of the creek and layed down. It was cool and peaceful under the trees.
This muddy puddle was almost as refreshing.

I'm sure you can guess what happened to me later that day. Here's a hint. It involved water, but it wasn't in a creek or a puddle.
Do you see that greenish area above my eye?

That's cow poop. They made me wash it off along with some other lovely patches of eau de bovine and mud. Isn't that terrible?


At least I got to sit on the swing with Grandpa afterwards.
And I got to sleep on the bed at the hotel with Mom and Dad. Here's a picture of me chillin' with Dad.


I can't wait to go back to the farm!





10 comments:
What fun you had!!! I bet you smelled really great...I can't believe they made you take a bath!!!
Can't wait to hear about your next adventures!
Lots of Licks, Ruby
It looks like the bath could have been worth it this time! ahhhhhhhh to be free and running! Lucky, lucky you!
Love ya lots,
Maggie
wow - how much fun did you have ? You can see in your face that you had just a wonderful time :)
Love
Opy
Woah! Run FREELY??? Now that's my middle name! Well, swimming, eating & humping are also my middle name too... Kekeke! But errr... eeew! Cow dung! That's a big no no to me. I bet you smell like one after rolling on it. Hope your hooman gave you a very good thorough bath after that. It looked like you had an enjoyable weekend! I did too! Come visit my bloggy & see...
Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer
What a cool day! You're a very lucky boy! We're so jealous you got to roll in cow poop...all we get is deer & cat poop!
Sherman, Penny & Lola
Running wild on grassy land....and sitting on a mud puddle... im not allow that... lucky you...
Wait for me Avery, Im packing my stuff now...food, toys, balls, treats, my Mr.Cuzy, Mr.Frogy, mom, dad.....wow sooo many things to pack...can you give me a map?? Im coming Avery, Im coming!!!!!
Dude I'm happy that you had
a great time.
Love and Licks
Texas (and his humans).
Hah! I have a picture of me on a hotel bed like that! I think that is the mandatory hotel room bed position!
What a great time you had! Wish I could do something like that! I et it was nice to run free in a big pasture! Woo!
AireRUNNIN'
Liberty
Post a Comment