Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Graduation and Ice Cream

So, I don't know what's up with my mom, but she is really getting lazy about keeping my blog updated. I don't know what she means by "other responsibilities" and "school." Seriously woman, straighten your priorities.

Anyway...

Last weekend I graduated from my final obedience course at Petsmart. I did a fabulous job, if I do say so myself. Here's a picture of me with my "diploma". See my graduation cap? I took it off as soon as they took the photo. It was cramping my style. That and it kept leaning over near my right eye, which was annoying.


I have my Canine Good Citizen test on the 24th. Wish me luck! Mom says she's most nervous about me staying in heel position when meeting another dog or a person. I'm a very sociable kind of guy (hello, I'm a Golden!), and I sometimes have difficulty staying put without going over to say hello. Other times I do it just perfectly (as on my graduation day). I like to keep Mom on her toes. Can't be too predictable you know!
.
Since I have been such an excellent student in obedience class, and because I am so incredibly cute, Mom and Dad decided I could celebrate graduation with ice cream!! I'd never had ice cream before. Maggie and Mitch get to go for ice cream sometimes, and now I know why they like it so much! Mom and Dad got me a child's size cone with vanilla custard. I don't know why I had to have a child's cone. I could've eaten a BIIIIG one! It was so yummy.
.
My first taste. Mmmm. Creamy and cold!


This stuff is great! (Sorry the pictures are so dark. I know it's kind of hard to see my adorable face.)


I made my way through the ice cream pretty quickly.


Can I eat this part too?



Lemme get a bigger bite.


Last little morsel.


Delicious!! Mom says I won't get to have ice cream very often, but she is going to make me some of Nanook's famous doggie ice cream. Perfect for this super hot weather!

7 comments:

Duke said...

Avery,
You look so smart in your graduation cap! Congratulations!
BTW we NEVER get a whole cone or cup - we just get tastes of moms so you're the truly lucky one to get a cone all to yourself! Hey, you totally deserve it!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Amber-Mae said...

Wow! CONGRATS to you!!! You looks good in your graduation hat... neat! I don like ice cream that much but you look like you were enjoying yourself. Yum Yum!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Liza said...

AVERY!!

You ROCK. We are keeping our paws crossed for your CGC test. Mom says you have inspired us to set that as a goal for us too!!

We also understand completely about the mom/school thing. She is just working really hard to get smarter - don't worry human school doesn't last forever!

I have to see if I can get my Mom to get me some of that ice cream stuff. I love nanooks stuff - but that come thing looked great!!

Love ya - Dory

Ruby Bleu said...

Go Avery! Congratulations!!! I'm going to keep my paws crossed for you on your CGC test. My Mom really wants to do that, but I'm still just a little too jumpy...I think we're waiting until I'm 2!

That ice cream sure looks delish! Trust me, you will L*O*V*E Nanook's icey paws recipe!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Ben & Darling said...

Congratulation Avery. You are sooooooooo smart in that graduation hat. Cool ~~ & all the best in your good citizen test too.

Lady Kaos said...

Congratulations! I love icecream, too! I've never gotten my own icecream cone though. I am sooo going to have a talk with my Mom!
Kaos

Unknown said...

congratulations....

ice cream mmmm look good... :)
wuffs