Monday, February 5, 2007

More Snow (Yay!) and TV Watching

So you know how I was so excited on Thursday about the snow? Well, I woke up Friday morning to even more snow. Whoo hoo! It was great. Mom and Dad were home all morning because there was ice on the roads near our house, so they took me for a long walk on the greenbelt behind our house. I was so excited to see even more snow! I had to roll around in it a bit before we started our walk.

(I wish it was even deeeeeeper so I could really bury myself in it!)



Mom tried to get a picture of my face, but I was too busy looking in the direction of our walk. We're going that way, right?




I was kind of tired out after the walk, so I needed a bit of a cool down. This snow stuff is great!




Sadly, the snow had pretty much all melted away by Friday night. What a bummer. After such a let down I needed some time to veg in front of the TV and forget my disappointment about the snow. Luckily, there were dog agility competitions on! Now, I'm not much of a television watcher really. I generally prefer to nap when Mom and Dad are watching boring human shows. But shows with animals...that's a different story. So I settled down with Mom on the floor (on her lap, of course) to watch the dogs compete.


First we watched the flying disc competition. That Border Collie was great. My cousin Summer is a Border Collie, but I don't think she can catch a disc like that.




Later came the Small Dog Agility. As you can see, I was not as impressed with this part. Bring back the big dogs!



Finally...my favorite. The Diving Dog competition. And, although you probably can't see it in this picture, there's a Golden competing! I was of course rooting for him to win.




I've never had the chance to try anything like that. Mom and Dad haven't been able to take me swimming anywhere to see if I really like swimming or not. I know, I'm a retriever, so I must! I do like the water. I have a doggie pool that Mom and Dad would fill up for me when it was hot, but it's not deep enough to swim. I mostly just got in and laid right down in it. That's exactly what I did at a hot dog eating contest in October. The humans threw pieces of hot dog into a kiddie pool and the dogs were timed on how fast they ate the pieces all up. I didn't wait for the hot dogs. I got right in the pool and promptly laid down in it. Everybody laughed at me. I don't know why. It was hot! I was being the smart dog that I am and was just trying to cool off. I probably would have won that hot dog eating contest, but then the Doberman who went after I did snarfed those things up way faster. Darn. Next year maybe. Hmmm, I think I should start training now. I'd better go tell Mom to stock up on the hot dogs, because I want a lot of practice!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery,
Great blog!!! I think you are a very smart (and very handsome) Golden! So good luck on the hot dog eating competition and if you need pointers on how to succeed, I can def be your coach...
- Uncle Mike

The Brat Pack said...

Hi Avery! We found ya through Dogs with Blogs...that snow looks TOO fun!

The Brat Pack :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Avery!! I love your blog! I hope your mommy & daddy read this to you. I can't wait to see you again soon. Thanks for the great pictures. The stories are really cute and your pictures are great!!
See you soon!

Love,

Aunt KiKi