I thought today I should introduce you to my sisters, the cats. As I mentioned, we aren’t all buddy buddy but we get along fine. We sniff noses sometimes but mostly ignore each other, although I do have a funny habit of being extra interested in them sometimes when I have to go outside. When Mom and Dad hear them meowing at me because I'm in their faces or see me follow one of them around they know I'm getting antsy and have to go out. Anyway, other than that I just do my own thing. I do sometimes try to play with their toys, but Mom and Dad will never let me. Darn.
On with the introductions! I was going to do it myself, but since they don't really talk to me that much I'll let them do it themselves.
On with the introductions! I was going to do it myself, but since they don't really talk to me that much I'll let them do it themselves.
Angel:

Yawn. I was in the middle of a nap when that dog woke me up. I am the oldest at 6 1/2 and have been with Mom and Dad the longest. They got me when they lived in Florida. I was living at the Humane Society of Pinellas County because the people who owned my mommy didn't want kittens. I don't know why they didn't have my mommy spayed, but hopefully they did it after we were born. Anyway, I was six months old when I went home with Mom and Dad. Mom grew up with kitties and has always been a "cat person," but Dad had never had a cat before me. Needless to say I have converted him, and I think I hold a special place in his heart. He's very protective of me and doesn't like it when my sisters try to harrass me. I'm not crazy about playing with them. I just want them to leave me alone and let me sleep. If they want to sleep next to me though that's okay. I'm kind of meek and they don't listen to me sometimes when I try to stand up for myself. I also get startled by sounds easily and really hate the noise plastic bags make.
One of my favorite things to do is to sit on the couch with Dad in the morning and knead his belly before snuggling down next to him. I also love my bedtime snuggling with Mom and Dad. I'm not really a lap cat and I hate being held, although I am very docile about it when they make me.
My favorite things, other than snuggling, are sleeping and eating. I sometimes like to play, but my sisters usually butt in and take over. I do better when they aren't around.
Yawn. I'm sleepy. Back to my nap. Zzzzz.
Lucy:

Hey! I'm Lucy, short for Lucyfur. I am a 4-yr-old tortie. I'm the most independent of everybody, and I like it that way. Not that I'm not lovey, it's just on my terms. I especially like to get attention from Mom when she's brushing her teeth. She thinks it's funny. Mom and Dad adopted me when they lived in Maryland. I'd been found in the wheel well of a truck by the guy who'd been driving it all over the place all day. He took me to a shelter but I ended up on kitty death row. Ugh, I shudder to think about it. Luckily, these people from Tails of Hope came along and rescued me and found me a foster home. Mom and Dad got me though them.
I'm kind of a tough cookie after my experience on the street. I bullied my older sister for a while and sometimes I still like to chase her around despite her protests. I was really naughty when I was younger. Ha, my name fit. I've eaten through speaker wires, a phone charger, many electrical cords, blinds cords, various household items like rubber bands and string. What can I say? I live dangerously. Mom and Dad have to Lucy-proof everything electrical or with string-like parts to make sure I don't chew through them or swallow bits. Mom tells me I could really get hurt, but whatever. Like I listen to her!
Chloe'd better hurry up with her intro. I'm ready for a wrestling match. Bring it on small fry!
Chloe:
Hi! I'm the baby of the family. Aren't I cute? I know, it's almost unbearable. Lucy says I'd better hurry up, so I'll give you the short version of my story. Mom found me when I was just a baby, only about 10 weeks old. I was living underneath the stairs of a building all by myself. Well, not really all by myself. There was a dead squirrel under there. Anyhoo, I was a wild girl and there was no way I was going to let her catch me! The night she found me she had trouble sleeping all night cause she was worried about me. She tried contacting every single rescue group she could find, but nobody could help since I was wild and couldn't be caught easily. Mom came by and left me food when she could and tried to befriend me, but I was too scared. After about two weeks she finally got help from a campus feral cat group. They loaned her a trap and helped her set it up. They lured me in with yummy smelling tuna. Lucky for all of us I was so hungry it didn't take me too long to go in the trap. It scared me when the door fell and I realized I was stuck! Mom had all intentions of only keeping me til she could find a rescue group to care for me. Dad knew better though. As soon as Mom caught me he knew she wasn't going to want to give me up. That was over two years ago! Mom named me Chloe after the place where I was found. The building I lived under is a courthouse (C) and it is surrounded by four streets named Hickory (h), Locust (l), Oak (o), and Elm (e).
I was absolutely terrified of people and it took Mom a long time to get me to trust her. She bribed me with lamb flavored baby food and other yummy treats. She also sat in the bathroom with me where my cage was and would read out loud and left the radio on for me when she wasn't around so that I'd get used to human voices. I slowly started to trust her, but it was really my big sister Lucy who helped me know it was okay. I was her little shadow from the start. I followed her everywhere and felt safe with her. I learned though her that Mom and Dad are pretty cool. Now I'm Mom's baby, and I loooove to be cuddled by her. I have her totally wrapped around my little paw. She and I have a very special bond.
Okay, well I guess I'd better go. Lucy is starting to doze off, and if I pounce on her now it will be extra fun!





No comments:
Post a Comment